The Ultimate Guide to Care for Your Precious Pieces
Jewellery is not just a fashion accessory, but also a reflection of your personality and style. Whether you have bought a few pieces of our jewellery for your vanity or a lot, you must have wondered how to take care of your precious jewels and keep them sparkling as silver tends to tarnish. The good news is that this jewellery is perfect for daily wear as long as the care instructions are followed.
Industry-leading top-quality plating is done for the jewellery to ensure it remains anti-tarnish and waterproof. However, even the best quality plating requires some maintenance and attention to keep it looking its lustrous best. Here are some tips on how to care for your jewellery so it keeps looking as shiny and good as new:
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when engaging in any activity that may expose it to chemicals in perfumes, moisturizers, shower gels, etc. such as swimming, bathing, washing hands or doing household chores.
- The skin and hair care products that are great for your skin and hair, are not so good for your jewellery. These substances react with your jewellery slowly and can tarnish or discolour your silver jewellery slowly over time.
- When storing your jewellery, keep it in a dry, cool place. It is preferable to put it in a Zip lock pouch and put this pouch in the jewellery/storage box. Exposure to moisture& heat should be avoided.
- Be gentle when handling your jewellery, especially when storing it. We recommend that you store your jewellery pieces separately to avoid them getting scratched or tangled.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your fine silver jewellery looking as beautiful as the day you bought it. Remember to treat your jewellery with care and respect, and it will reward you with itslong-lasting sparkling beauty.
Cleaning Your Silver Jewellery
Dust, sweat, lotions and moisturizers can get accumulated on jewellery over time causing grime. You can easily clean your jewellery by gently rubbing it using a damp cloth soaked in lukewarm water, added with a bit of mild soap. You may use a soft, gentle toothbrush to clean hard to reach areas.
- Lukewarm Water
- Mild Soap
Here are the steps to make your own silver jewellery cleaning solution:
- Mix equal parts of mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Stir the solution well.
- Dip a soft cloth in the solution and rub it over the jewellery to clean it.
- You may use a soft, gentle toothbrush to clean hard to reach areas.
- Now, rinse the jewellery with warm water.
- Remove the excess water and pat it dry.
- Your shiny silver jewellery is ready.